2014 was a record-setting year for working safely at Turner Industries. Over 19,000 employees worked more than 41 million hours nationwide with a Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR) of 0.27. This was the most hours ever worked in one year with the most dramatic decrease in recordable injury frequency in company history.
Each year, executive management and Turner Industries shareholders recognize the leadership the top safety performing worksites. This year, 9 sites were chosen from over 400 worksites around the country as exemplifying the best of the best in two major award categories.
Receiving the Presidents Safety Excellence Awards for top performance in all award categories were the following sites:
- Paris Texas Fabrication Operations – Paris, Texas
- LyondellBassell, Debottleneck Project – La Porte, Texas
- Houston Equipment Operations – Pasadena, Texas
- Phillips66, Belle Chasse – Louisiana
Receiving Corporate Safety Excellence Awards for outstanding regional or division performance were the following sites:
- NCRA Construction – McPherson, Kansas
- Lanxess Corporation – Orange, Texas
- Shell Chemical – Saraland, Alabama
- TSS Mechancial at Axiall South – Westlake, Louisiana
- SWS at Dow Chemcial – Plaquemine, Louisiana
“Because of the leadership at these sites, our company has never been stronger, our performance has never been better and our desire to succeed has never been greater,” said Mike Phelps, Turner vice president of health and safety.