To assist our neighbors-in-need, and show appreciation for those fighting for our health and safety during the current pandemic, Turner Industries employees across the Gulf South have helped provide meals for front-line workers and volunteered their time and company resources at area food banks and food drives. Listed below are some of the efforts our employees have organized and managed:
- In Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 3,000 healthcare workers at facilities across the city were treated to lunch by local contractors, including Turner Industries. This event was organized by Associated Builders and Contractors’ (ABC) Pelican Chapter.
- In Pasadena, Texas, Turner employees assisted the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce in “Operation Stock the Shelves,” a food drive to stock the shelves of multiple local food pantries.
- In Beaumont, Texas, Turner employees filled food boxes for families together with the Southeast Texas Food Bank.
- At Ascend Materials in Chocolate Bayou, Texas, Turner employees provided $400 dollars toward a meal for the night shift workers in the Emergency Room at Southeast Memorial Hospital in Houston.
- In Sulphur, Louisiana, Turner Specialty Services employees performed cleaning and disinfecting application services to all playground equipment at every park within the Sulphur Parks & Recreations “SPAR” district. The detergent, commonly used in hospitals, nursing homes, schools/colleges, commercial and industry institutions, was vapor blasted onto the playground equipment. Once the detergent dries the equipment is sanitized, safe and ready to use.