Massive Tower Restoration
Turner Industries’ SIPA (Scaffolding, Insulation, Painting, and Abatement) group completed a large tower project at the Olin Chlor-Alkali facility in Freeport, Texas.
Location: Freeport, Texas
the project scope consisted of
- Erecting a wrap-around scaffold around the entire tower
- Removing all insulation
- Sandblasting, recoating, and reinsulating the entire tower
project quick facts
- Full Wrap-Around Engineered Scaffold with Stairways
- 9,070 Pieces of Scaffold Material
- 8,414 Vertical Leg Footage
- 32 Wrap-Around Platforms
- 1,800 Square Feet of Tower Sandblasted and Coated
- 5,200 Square Feet of Tower Stripped and Reinsulated (100%)
- 6,521 Total Workhours
The project was completed within schedule and OSHA recordable free.