Steel Replacement Project
Turner Industries completed a structural steel replacement project for a client, involving the replacement of 47 tons of steel in a live service process unit.
- Because of the configuration of the structure and surrounding area, most of the steel was removed using chain falls
- Only 11 pieces had to be reinstalled using a 90-ton crane
- Strategic planning played a large role in the project since work was performed in proximity of fiberglass and poly piping containing hazardous products
- During the replacement process, Turner’s scaffolding, insulation, painting, and abatement (SIPA) ground were charged with proving scaffolding platforms and structures strong enough to hold three seal pots containing chlorine/gas condensate, each weighing 3,500 pounds
- The project was completed on time and OSHA recordable free
project quick facts
- 47 Tons of Steel
- 90 Ton Crane
- Scaffold Built to Hold 3 Seal Pots, Each Weighing 3,500 lbs.
- 20,368 OSHA Recordable Free Workhours