Turner Industries’ Port Allen pipe fabrication facility completed a 2,751-spool project for Bechtel and Shell Pennsylvania Chemicals.
The project was a collaborative effort between Turner’s fabrication facility, coatings facility, modular facility, and Equipment, Rigging, and Specialized Transportation Division.
Location: Port Allen, Louisiana
project quick facts
- 2,751 Spools Fabricated
- 152 of the spools ranged in diameter from 52 inches (OD) through 120 inches (OD) and collectively weighed 1,617 tons
- The largest spool was 120 inches (OD) and weighed 197,000 lbs.
- The longest spool was 80 inches (OD) and 127 feet long
- A 5-piece mitered elbow completely fabricated by the shop from 114” diameter pipe was also required on the project
- 14 of the spools were so large they had to be shipped to their final destination
- OSHA Recordables: ZERO