Rope access can be one of the safest, most efficient, and cost-effective ways of performing a variety of services at heights. Turner Specialty Services continues to set the bar high when it comes to saving our clients’ money—and doing it safely. Performing services by rope access not only saves money and time, it puts personnel at less risk than conventional methods.
Turner’s rope access group is the largest and most experienced on the Gulf Coast. Our certified NCCER Craft, SPRAT (Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians) and IRATA (Industrial Rope Access Trade Association) technicians can perform a variety of mechanical crafts including pipefitting, boilermaking, insulation, welding, and ironwork, as well as inspections and NDE—with the most advanced NDE equipment at their disposal.
mechanical rope access capabilities
- Electrical and Instrumentation Installations and Repairs
- Cable Tray, Ladder Rack, Basket Tray Installation and Repairs
- Operations Assist (Install, Remove Isolation Tags, Open/Close Valves, Binding)
- Basic and Advanced Rigging Services
- Pipe Spool Repairs, Replacement, and Demolition
- Standby Rescue Services
- Ultra-High Pressure Washing
- Welding, Fitting, Boilermaker, Structural Steel
- Asbestos and Lead Abatement
- Insulation Installation, Removal, and Repair
- Safety Platforms, Vertical Ladder and Ladder Cage Surveys, Repairs, Replacement
rope access inspection services offered
- CUI Program Management, Moisture Detection and PMI
- Liquid Penetrant Testing, Magnetic Particle, UT Thickness
- Positive Material Identification (OES and XRF)
- Radiographic Testing (CR, DR, Conventional, Real-Time)
- Guided Wave Testing, Phased Array, TFM/Au-UT
- API, AWS, CWI, and NACE Inspectors, NDE Technicians
The recently acquired facility in New Iberia, Louisiana expands Turner’s capacity and creates one of the industry’s most capable large-scale modular fabrication yards. As a cornerstone of TurnTurner Specialty Services has already seen results from its rope access group. At one facility alone, Turner has helped a client save more than $7 million through rope access services. Maintenance sites can potentially earn cost savings up to 78 percent.